Hockey New Zealand has announced the introduction of a nationwide membership and competition management platform provided by PlayHQ, a sports administration technology platform designed to simplify the experience for Sporting Codes, Associations, Clubs, Volunteers and Participants.
Members will be responsible for their own personal data and will have access to their records to enable them to track their history and progress.
The PlayHQ platform has been developed and configured for hockey with both Hockey New Zealand and Association representatives to ensure it met the needs of our hockey community.
We’ve pulled together some information that will aim to answer some of your questions:
- Wellington Hockey requirement
- How do you register?
- How to enter game scores (managers only)
- Further information
Wellington Hockey requirement
This system is supported by Wellington Hockey and therefore is a new requirement for all Karori Junior Hockey Club players as of 2022.
All players need to be registered to PlayHQ to play this season and please note, this is not the same as registering for Karori Junior Hockey club.
How do you register?
- Click on this link: https://www.playhq.com/hockey-new-zealand/register/7e9a75
- Search for Wellington Hockey Association
- Register yourself
- Register the player or players in your household.
Some key pointers:
- the first part is like creating an account for yourself (but it doesn’t cost anything – you can ignore all the cost fields in the forms, as they are for $0)
- then the next part is to register the players associated with your account – remember to search for Wellington Hockey Association/WHA (not Karori/KJHC, as this is not a club registration) – autofill of fields in the form is sometimes enabled, sometimes not.
How to enter game scores into Play HQ (managers only)
Game scores need to be entered each week by the team managers so Wellington Hockey are able to match similar teams up, which is done every 4 weeks. Without the results it becomes very hard for them to understand the level of each team.
This means it is super important that results are entered so our teams get good meaningful games.
Use this guide to find out how to enter game scores into Play HQ.
If you would like further information
Hockey New Zealand has detailed information on the Play HQ system including how to use it and recorded webinars.